Join us for a yearlong journey with the 8 Shields…
We will dive deeply into the art of cultural healing practices and nature connection through the wheel of the year, exploring 2 Shields per weekend alongside personal and peer mentoring support between weekends.
This will be an experiential and integrative journey into the 8 Shields model, empowering you to bring it more fully into your life.
Join us on an Introductory Call to find out more!
Scroll down to find out more.
Following the natural cycles of the year this program is offering:
- Peacemaking tools as the bed-rock of our journey
- Creating a unique Village Builders ‘bundle’ to take back to your people
- Experience of the ‘flow-learning cycle’ from an 8 Shields perspective
- Ceremony (including marking a personal leadership threshold)
- Activities that bring out the archetypal energies of the seasons
- Exploring the attributes of connection
- Understanding and fostering healthy leadership
- Nature Connection practices
- Embodiment practices
- Connection Practices to support wholistic human being
- Participation in the acorn team for the weekends
- Insights into the ‘backstage’ of event organising and facilitation
- Mentoring calls between weekends
- Peer to peer mentoring and reflection processes
- Authentic sharing and storytelling
- Music and Song
- Inner tracking as the foundation to intact leadership
- A solo vigil to journey deeper into yourself
- Grief Tending practices
- Access to videos from the 8 Shields 512 Project, with explorations to land this powerfully into your life
- Using 8 Shields tools in groups and organisations
This year-long program is for you if you are seeking to foster a more regenerative culture in your life and work – the nature-based, nature-connected culture that the world is longing for at this time. It is for you if you wish to deepen into the natural cycles and grow more fully from that into healthy, empowered leadership, on a journey of self awareness and deepening connections.
This course is a great next step for those who have participated in 8 Shields programmes such as the Art of Mentoring and introduction weekends like ‘Nature Culture Regeneration’ and others, it is designed to help you bring the learnings and insights from those events more deeply home to yourself and your life.
The course will mainly be held at a beautiful, wild and inspiring woodland camping venue on Dartmoor, with the winter weekend held at an indoor venue in Devon. Peter Cow and Rebecca Card are the lead facilitators, with a different guest presenter supporting at each weekend.
Participating in this course will help you apply 8 Shields wisdom into your communities, family and work in grounded and empowering ways, bringing it home as a gift to yourself, your people and the community of all beings.
All weekends apart from September start on Fridays at 14.00 and finish on Sundays at 16.00. The September weekend includes a 24 hour solo vigil, and starts at 9am Friday (you are welcome to arrive on Thursday evening for that weekend)
East and South East: April 10-12th 2020
South and South West: June 26-28th
South West Vigil Weekend: September 4-6th
West and North West: October 16-18th
North and North East: January 15-17th 2021 (TBC)
‘We need each other, to take a song, a word, a story, a tool, a ceremony and put it in our bundles. Not for ourselves, but for the ones yet to be born, for all our relations. Collectively, we assemble from the wisdom of the past a vision for the future, a worldview shaped by mutual flourishing.’
~ from Braiding Sweetgrass by Robin Wall Kimmerer
Tuesday 3rd December 19:00 – 20:30
Wednesday 29th January 19:00 – 20:30
Free, participative and deep-sharing opportunities
to learn about and sense into the
Bringing it Home journey
Sessions will be recorded and shared
Email Peter at email@example.com to register
your place on the call or to receive the recording.