Join us for a yearlong journey with the 8 Shields…
We will dive deeply into the art of cultural healing practices and nature connection through the wheel of the year, spaciously exploring one shield per weekend alongside personal and peer mentoring support between the weekends.
This will be an experiential and integrative journey into the 8 Shields model, empowering you to bring it more fully into your life.
Following the natural cycles of the year this program is offering:
- Peacebuilding tools as the bed-rock of our journey
- Creating a unique Village Builders ‘bundle’ to take back to your people
- Experience of the ‘flow-learning cycle’ from an 8 Shields perspective
- Ceremony (including marking a personal leadership threshold)
- Activities that bring out the archetypal energies of the seasons
- Exploring the attributes of connection
- Understanding and fostering healthy leadership
- Nature Connection practices
- Embodiment practices
- Connection Practices to support wholistic human being
- Participation in the acorn team for the weekends
- Insights into the ‘backstage’ of event organising and facilitation
- 6 mentoring calls with the course facilitators (one between each weekend)
- Peer to peer mentoring and reflection processes
- Authentic sharing and storytelling
- Music and Song
- Inner tracking as the foundation to intact leadership
- A supported solo time in August to journey deeper into yourself and the wild around you
- Grief Tending practices
- Access to videos from the 8 Shields 512 Project, with explorations to land this powerfully into your life
- Using 8 Shields tools in groups and organisations
This year-long program is for you if you are seeking to foster a more regenerative culture in your life and work – the nature-based, nature-connected culture that the world is longing for at this time. It is for you if you wish to deepen into the natural cycles and grow more fully from that into healthy, empowered leadership, on a journey of self awareness and deepening connections.
This course is a great next step for those who have participated in 8 Shields programmes such as the Art of Mentoring and introduction weekends like ‘Nature Culture Regeneration’ and others, it is designed to help you bring the learnings and insights from those events more deeply home to yourself and your life.
The course will be held online, as we journey through the seasons together. Each weekend will include spacious time off screen, with suggested activities you can do on the land wherever you live to help you explore each shield and its qualities.
Participating in this course will help you apply 8 Shields wisdom into your communities, family and work in grounded and empowering ways, bringing it home as a gift to yourself, your people and the community of all beings.
Each weekend will follow this pattern of online zoom calls, with suggested land-based activities you can do between sessions on the weekend. (We can adapt this schedule as the group needs).
Saturday: 10.00-13.30 then 19.00-21.00
*On the first weekend on March (the East) we will also have an additional afternoon session to help us all land together 16.00-18.00
‘We need each other, to take a song, a word, a story, a tool, a ceremony and put it in our bundles. Not for ourselves, but for the ones yet to be born, for all our relations. Collectively, we assemble from the wisdom of the past a vision for the future, a worldview shaped by mutual flourishing.’
~ from Braiding Sweetgrass by Robin Wall Kimmerer
Free introductory calls about the 2021 journey will take place in December and January. If you would like to speak to join a call, please email Peter at email@example.com