‘We need each other, to take a song, a word, a story, a tool, a ceremony and put it in our bundles. Not for ourselves, but for the ones yet to be born, for all our relations. Collectively, we assemble from the wisdom of the past a vision for the future, a worldview shaped by mutual flourishing.’
~ from Braiding Sweetgrass by Robin Wall Kimmerer
Join us for a yearlong journey with the 8 Shields…
We will dive deeply into the art of cultural healing practices and nature connection through the wheel of the year, exploring 2 Shields per weekend alongside personal and peer mentoring support between weekends.
This will be an experiential and integrative journey into the 8 Shields model, empowering you to bring it more fully into your life.
Following the natural cycles of the year this program is offering:
- Peacemaking tools as the bed-rock of our journey
- Creating a unique Village Builders ‘bundle’ to take back to your people
- Experience of the ‘flow-learning cycle’ from an 8 Shields perspective
- Ceremony (including marking a personal leadership threshold)
- Activities that bring out the attributes of connection
- Nature connection practices
- Embodiment practices
- Participation in the acorn team for the weekends
- Insights into the ‘backstage’ of event organising and facilitation
- Mentoring calls between weekends
- Peer to peer mentoring and reflection processes
- Authentic sharing and storytelling
- Music and Song
- Inner tracking as the foundation to intact leadership
- A solo vigil to journey deeper into yourself
- Grief Tending practices
- Access to videos from the 8 Shields 512 Project, with explorations to land this powerfully into your life
- Using 8 Shields tools in groups and organisations
This yearlong is open to anyone who has taken an Art of Mentoring Ring 1 or an 8 Shields introductory weekend such as the Nature Culture Regeneration weekend in Devon or similar. People who have experience in nature connection or community culture repair or indigenous wisdom through other ways are welcome to contact us to see if it works to attend this course.
The course will mainly be held at a beautiful, wild and inspiring woodland camping venue on Dartmoor, with the winter weekend held at an indoor venue in Devon. Peter Cow and Rebecca Card are the lead facilitators, with a different guest presenter supporting at each weekend.
Participating in this course will help you apply 8 Shields wisdom into your communities, family and work in grounded and empowering ways, bringing it home as a gift to yourself, your people and the community of all beings.
All weekends apart from September start on Fridays at 14.00 and finish on Sundays at 16.00. The September weekend includes a 24 hour solo vigil, and starts at 9am Friday (you are welcome to arrive on Thursday evening for that weekend)
East and South East: April 10-12th 2020
South and South West: June 26-28th
South West Vigil Weekend: September 4-6th
West and North West: October 16-18th
North and North East: January 15-17th 2021 (TBC)